Spring is here, put away the gray and welcome the colour! Join us for an unforgettable experience, explore the ocean's wonders, and create unforgettable memories with your family. Enjoy activities & kid's crafts, feeding times featuring your favourite animals and more at the Two Oceans Aquarium these school holidays, from 30 September to 9 October!
What's happening at the Aquarium?
We know there's so much to see on your Aquarium visit and so little time! For this reason, the Aquarium will be open for an extended period. You can now visit your favourite animals from 09h00 to 18h00.
Crafts for kids
As if the fascinating creations animals in the Aquarium are not cool enough - kids can also enjoy a variety of fun crafts and activities in the I&J Children's Play Centre. From DIY pencil bags and photo frames to bracelets and wire mobiles, our ECD team have a bunch of fascinating crafts for your little ones to enjoy!
Share your memories and win!
If there's one thing we love, it's families sharing their love of the ocean with us! Share your Two Oceans Aquarium photos with us on social media, and you could win an annual membership for yourself or a loved one
- Visit the Aquarium and share a photo from your visit during the school holidays (by 9 October).
- Tag @2OceansAquarium and use the hashtag #TwoOceansAquarium on your post on Facebook, Instagram or TikTok (and give us a follow if you loved your visit).
- Winners will be chosen by lucky draw on 11 October and contacted on social media.
- Please note: We cannot view entries on private accounts, or on expiring Stories.
A year of unlimited visits for your family - here's how:
How does an entire year of Aquarium visits sound? If you love the Aquarium, you can upgrade your day ticket to an annual membership after your visit simply by stopping in at our Visitor's Centre on your way out - the perfect "try before you buy" for anyone who'd like to test our waters before becoming an Aquarium family!
There are other ways to be part of the Two Oceans Aquarium family too - why not try our scuba diving for the first time if you're feeling adventurous, or set your child on the path of a marine science career with our Foundation's incredible courses...
We have your school holiday plans covered! Join the underwater amazement at the Two Oceans Aquarium from 30 September to 9 October with fun and adventure for the whole family. Here's what we have on offer at the Aquarium.
|11h30||African penguin feeding time|
|12h00||I&J Ocean Exhibit feeding time (Mon, Wed, Fri)|
Kelp Forest Exhibit feeding time (Tue, Thu, Sun)
Save Our Seas Foundation Shark Exhibit feeding time (Sat)
|14h30||Penguin feeding time|
Fish feeding time in the Save Our Seas Foundation Shark Exhibit (Mon, Wed, Fri)
I&J Ocean Exhibit feeding time (Tue, Thu, Sat)
|ALL DAY||Kid's arts and crafts in the I&J Children's Play Centre|
Stay for a meal
The Aquarium has welcomed Bootlegger Coffee Company as its onsite restaurant. With awesome views of the V&A Waterfront's seals and Table Mountain, this is a great place to take a break and have something to eat before heading back into the Aquarium with your all-day ticket. This Bootlegger has a children's play centre, so kids can work off some of that extra energy!
Aquarium members enjoy 10% off at Bootlegger at the Aquarium.
After 3 Special!
Come and visit the Two Oceans Aquarium after 15h00 and purchase your ticket at a discounted rate!
- Divers - this one's for you! The Two Oceans Aquarium Dive School now offers Guided Shore and Boat Dives! So, If you're a scuba diver looking to experience Cape Town's underwater magic, this is where you'll want to start. For those dive enthusiasts who are looking to try something new or pick up where you left off - the Aquarium dive school also offers a number of advanced courses to meet your diving needs!
- You'll want to make sure that during this exciting Winter Waterland school holidays, you and your family get the absolute most out of what the Aquarium has to offer. The best way to do this is to become a Two Oceans Aquarium member! Attend our exclusive events, skip the queues to ensure that all your time is spent with the animals, and visit us as often as you wish! It's the best decision you'll ever make.
"Spring" on over!Go to: Plan your trip here!
Our birthday Trash Bash was the best yet!What better way to celebrate the Two Oceans Aquarium’s 28th birthday than with the last Trash Bash beach cleanup of 2023? On Saturday, 13 November, our incredible Aquarium family gathered on Muizenber...
Join us for our Birthday Trash Bash!On Saturday, 11 November 2023, The Two Oceans Aquarium are taking to Muizenberg beach to enjoy some fun in the sun, and more importantly, rid the beach of as much plastic pollution and dirt as possibl...
Waddle for the African penguin: Join us on 14 OctoberThe Two Oceans Aquarium, in support of the #NOOW African penguin campaign, is taking a stand for the African penguin. If you are passionate about the African penguin and the well-being of South Africa...