Grade 10 to 12 Climate Action Now course
What causes climate change? What are the threats to the natural environment, and how do we mitigate the problem within a South African context? If you’ve ever had questions like these – it’s time to get some answers! Join our Climate Action Now course and find all the answers to your burning environmental questions.
This engaging course is ideal for environmentally conscious students who are passionate about making a positive impact on the planet. If this is you, apply now!
- Causes of climate change: We’ll explain the science behind climate change, including the role of greenhouse gases and human activities that contribute to climate change.
- Threats to the environment: The course will highlight the various ways in which climate change is affecting the environment, including rising sea levels, melting glaciers, and more frequent natural disasters.
- Ways to mitigate the problem: The course will explore the ways that we can reduce our carbon footprint and slow down climate change. This includes topics such as renewable energy, sustainable agriculture, and green transportation within the context of the South African landscape.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the science behind climate change.
- Identify and describe the major threats to the natural environment caused by climate change.
- Understand the chemical properties of the ocean and the impact on marine life related to climate change.
- Understand the importance of exploring various ways to mitigate the problem of climate change.
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, students are expected to have a basic understanding of biology and chemistry.