Essential information for making the most of your visit. Also, be sure to check out our list of things to do.
We are open 365 days a year - sea you soon!
- Monday to Friday: 09h30 to 18h00
- Weekends, public holidays and school holidays: 09h00 to 18h00
- Last ticket sold 30min before closing. Get tickets online.
Prices valid until 31 March 2022:
|Ticket price||Annual membership (unlimited visits for a year!)|
|Children 14 to 17||R160||R375|
|Children 4 to 13*||R100||R240|
|Children under 4*||Free||Free|
|South African pensioners**||R160||R375|
|South African students**||R160||R375|
Tickets are non-refundable
*Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
**Only valid with South African pensioner card or ID, or student card.
Did you know? You can upgrade your day ticket to an annual membership while you visit!
Admission fees are subject to change without notice. Tickets are non-refundable.
Online tickets are valid for three months from the date of purchase, but you can use it only once. It is valid for the whole day of your visit to the Aquarium. Buy online now.
Stay safe when you visit the Aquarium
For the safety, wellbeing and comfort of all its visitors, the Two Oceans Aquarium has introduced a range of health and safety measures in line with the latest Government regulations and a Covid-19 workplace-ready plan has been compiled and implemented. Here's what you can expect in terms of visitor safety when visiting the Aquarium.
The Two Oceans Aquarium's exhibits are facilities are clearly signposted, but to get a better bearing of what to see and where to go, view these aerial maps.
Other facilities include:
- Nappy changing facilities.
- Push prams/baby strollers.
- Wheelchairs and accessible flooring.
- Accessible parking bays.
- Souvenirs and other marine-themed goods in the Aquarium Shop.
- First-aid assistance.
- Please contact Visitor Services in the Aquarium's foyer to assist with any questions you may have regarding your visit.
Directions & Parking
The Two Oceans Aquarium is located on Dock Road at the V&A Waterfront.
Our GPS coordinates are: 33°54”28.42”S | 18°25”03.56”E
From the Cape Town International Airport:
- Take the N2 South to Cape Town – approximately 20km.
- Turn right into the V&A Waterfront at the first set of traffic lights.
- Take the first left at the first traffic circle.
- Drive for approximately 2km, the Two Oceans Aquarium is on the right hand side.
From the Cape Town train station:
- MyCiTi Bus route 104 runs between the Civic Centre and Sea Point, stopping outside the Aquarium
The most convenient parking for the Two Oceans Aquarium is in Portswood Square, which is opposite the Aquarium in Dock Road (or via Portswood Rd, if coming from the V&A Waterfront/Mouille Point direction). Please note that an hourly parking fee is charged and is not refundable at the Aquarium. Alternatively, there are parking facilities closer to the V&A Wharf.
Visit us on your birthday or six days thereafter for free admission for the whole day*! Simply stop by, show a valid ID that reflects your date of birth, and your day of underwater exploration and wonder at the Aquarium is on us.
*The Two Oceans Aquarium’s birthday offer is available to South Africans only.
The Aquarium grants tour operators a 15% discount on pre-paid ticket purchases. Educationals can also be arranged for members of staff affiliated with any registered tourism institute or facility (e.g. hotels, guesthouses and other tourist attractions).
The Aquarium has a voucher system granting registered tour operators a 15% discount. For more information and applications for the voucher system, as well as information on the Aquarium in general, please click here or contact Tourism & Hospitality Sales Team on 021 418 3823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.