Essential information for making the most of your visit. Also be sure to check out our list of things to do.
The Aquarium is open 365 days a year from 09h30 until 18h00.
Prices valid until September 31, 2015:
|Ticket Office price||Online price (10% discount)|
|Children 14 to 17||R102||R92|
|Children 4 to 13||R63||R57|
|Children under 4||Free||Free|
|South African pensioners*||R102||R92|
|South African students*||R102||R92|
*Only valid with South African pensioner or student card.
Admission fees are subject to change without notice. Online tickets are non-refundable.
Online tickets are valid for three months from the date of purchase, but you can use it only once. It is valid for the whole day of your visit to the Aquarium (have your hand stamped at the entrance turnstile in the foyer if you would like to visit us again on the same day).
- I&J Predator Exhibit:
Daily at 15h00, Shark feeds on Sundays at 15h00
- Ocean Basket Kelp Forest Exhibit:
Wednesdays and Saturdays at 12h00
- Penguin Exhibit:
African penguins daily at 11h45 and 14h30
Open daily from 09h00 to 18h00 (kitchen closes at 17h30).
Contact the Shoreline Manager on 021 418 8645/6 for more info.
Directions & Parking
The Two Oceans Aquarium is located on Dock Road at the V&A Waterfront.
Our GPS coordinates are: 33°54”28.42”S | 18°25”03.56”E
From the Cape Town International Airport:
- Take the N2 South to Cape Town – approximately 20km.
- Turn right into the V&A Waterfront at the first set of traffic lights.
- Take the first left at the first traffic circle.
- Drive for approximately 2km, the Two Oceans Aquarium is on the right hand side.
From the Cape Town train station:
- MyCiTi Bus route 104 runs between the Civic Centre and Sea Point, stopping outside the Aquarium
The most convenient parking for the Two Oceans Aquarium is in Portswood Square, which is opposite the Aquarium in Dock Road. Please note that an hourly parking fee is charged and is not refundable at the Aquarium. Alternatively there are parking facilities closer to the V&A Wharf.
- Nappy changing facilities.
- Baby carriers available free of charge for your convenience.
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge. All exhibits are accessible to the physically challenged. Two parking bays are available for physically challenged visitors.
- Browse for souvenirs and other marine-themed goods in the Aquarium Shop, open from 09h30 to 18h00 if you have a ticket.
- First aid assistance also available
- Please contact Visitor Services in the Aquarium's foyer to assist with any questions you may have regarding your visit.
The Two Oceans Aquarium's exhibits are facilities are clearly signposted, but to get a better bearing of what to see and where to go, view these aerial maps. Also see our 360-degree virtual tour of the Aquarium here.
The Aquarium grants tour operators a 10% discount on pre-paid ticket purchases. Educationals can also be arranged for members of staff affiliated with any registered tourism institute or facility (e.g. hotels, guesthouses and other tourist attractions).
The Aquarium has a voucher system granting registered tour operators a 10% discount. For more information and applications for the voucher system, as well as information on the Aquarium in general, please contact Tourism & Hospitality Sales Coordinator Aneli Gerber on 021 418 3823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.