Essential information for making the most of your visit. Also be sure to check out our list of things to do.
We are open 365 days a year - sea you soon!
- Monday to Friday: 09h30 to 18h00
- Weekends and public holidays: 09h00 to 18h00
Prices valid until 31 March 2020:
|Children 14 to 17||R140|
|Children 4 to 13||R90|
|Children under 4||Free|
|South African pensioners*||R140|
|South African students*||R140|
*Only valid with South African pensioner or student card.
Did you know? You can upgrade your day ticket to an annual membership while you visit!
Admission fees are subject to change without notice. Online tickets are non-refundable.
Online tickets are valid for three months from the date of purchase, but you can use it only once. It is valid for the whole day of your visit to the Aquarium (have your hand stamped at the entrance turnstile in the foyer if you would like to visit us again on the same day).
Children between the ages of 3 and 9 will love the Puppet Shows presented by our talented team at the I&J Children's Play Centre three times a day: at 10h30, 13h30 and 15h30.
In between these puppet shows, little ones can make arts and crafts, read books, dig in the sandpit or play with their friends.
Did you know? You can take this experience home with you in the form of fantastic children's books for little ones!
Open daily from 09h30 to 18h00 at the I&J Ocean Exhibit. Grab a cup of coffee while watching the gentle sway of this large-scale exhibit, which has turtles, a guitar fish and stingrays gliding by.
Visit us on your birthday or six days thereafter for free admission for the whole day*! Simply stop by, show a valid ID that reflects your date of birth, and your day of underwater exploration and wonder at the Aquarium is on us.
*The Two Oceans Aquarium’s birthday offer is available to South Africans only.
Directions & Parking
The Two Oceans Aquarium is located on Dock Road at the V&A Waterfront.
Our GPS coordinates are: 33°54”28.42”S | 18°25”03.56”E
From the Cape Town International Airport:
- Take the N2 South to Cape Town – approximately 20km.
- Turn right into the V&A Waterfront at the first set of traffic lights.
- Take the first left at the first traffic circle.
- Drive for approximately 2km, the Two Oceans Aquarium is on the right hand side.
From the Cape Town train station:
- MyCiTi Bus route 104 runs between the Civic Centre and Sea Point, stopping outside the Aquarium
The most convenient parking for the Two Oceans Aquarium is in Portswood Square, which is opposite the Aquarium in Dock Road. Please note that an hourly parking fee is charged and is not refundable at the Aquarium. Alternatively there are parking facilities closer to the V&A Wharf.
- Nappy changing facilities.
- Push prams/baby strollers are available free of charge for your convenience.
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge. All exhibits are accessible to the physically challenged. Two parking bays are available for physically challenged visitors.
- Browse for souvenirs and other marine-themed goods in the Aquarium Shop, open from 09h30 to 18h00 if you have a ticket.
- First aid assistance also available
- Please contact Visitor Services in the Aquarium's foyer to assist with any questions you may have regarding your visit.
The Two Oceans Aquarium's exhibits are facilities are clearly signposted, but to get a better bearing of what to see and where to go, view these aerial maps. Also see our 360-degree virtual tour of the Aquarium here.
The Aquarium grants tour operators a 15% discount on pre-paid ticket purchases. Educationals can also be arranged for members of staff affiliated with any registered tourism institute or facility (e.g. hotels, guesthouses and other tourist attractions).
The Aquarium has a voucher system granting registered tour operators a 15% discount. For more information and applications for the voucher system, as well as information on the Aquarium in general, please click here or contact Tourism & Hospitality Sales Team on 021 418 3823 or email email@example.com.