Essential information for making the most of your visit. Also be sure to check out our list of things to do.
The Aquarium is open 365 days a year.
09:30 - 18:00 (weekdays) and 09:00 - 18:00 (Saturdays and Sundays)
Prices valid until 31 March 2019:
|Children 14 to 17||R130|
|Children 4 to 13||R85|
|Children under 4||Free|
|South African pensioners*||R130|
|South African students*||R130|
*Only valid with South African pensioner or student card.
Admission fees are subject to change without notice. Online tickets are non-refundable.
Online tickets are valid for three months from the date of purchase, but you can use it only once. It is valid for the whole day of your visit to the Aquarium (have your hand stamped at the entrance turnstile in the foyer if you would like to visit us again on the same day).
- I&J Ocean Exhibit:
Daily at 12h00 and 14h00
- Penguin Exhibit:
African penguins daily at 11h30 and 14h30
- Predator Exhibit: Sundays at 15h00
Children between the ages of 3 and 9 will love the Puppet Shows presented by our talented team at the I&J Children's Play Centre three times a day: at 10h30, 13h30 and 15h30.
In between these puppet shows, little ones can make arts and crafts, read books, dig in the sandpit or play with their friends.
Open daily from 09h30 to 18h00 at the I&J Ocean Exhibit. Grab a cup of coffee while watching the gentle sway of this large-scale exhibit, which has turtles, a guitar fish and stingrays gliding by.
Situated on the doorstep of the Two Oceans Aquarium is Vista Marina, a stylish new restaurant that offers excellent Meditteranean-style fare along with its unbeatable views and top-notch service. Enjoy a drink on the covered deck or sit back for a dining experience as befits this stunning setting.
*Aquarium members enjoy 10% off on their breakfast or lunch bills.
Directions & Parking
The Two Oceans Aquarium is located on Dock Road at the V&A Waterfront.
Our GPS coordinates are: 33°54”28.42”S | 18°25”03.56”E
From the Cape Town International Airport:
- Take the N2 South to Cape Town – approximately 20km.
- Turn right into the V&A Waterfront at the first set of traffic lights.
- Take the first left at the first traffic circle.
- Drive for approximately 2km, the Two Oceans Aquarium is on the right hand side.
From the Cape Town train station:
- MyCiTi Bus route 104 runs between the Civic Centre and Sea Point, stopping outside the Aquarium
The most convenient parking for the Two Oceans Aquarium is in Portswood Square, which is opposite the Aquarium in Dock Road. Please note that an hourly parking fee is charged and is not refundable at the Aquarium. Alternatively there are parking facilities closer to the V&A Wharf.
- Nappy changing facilities.
- Baby carriers available free of charge for your convenience.
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge. All exhibits are accessible to the physically challenged. Two parking bays are available for physically challenged visitors.
- Browse for souvenirs and other marine-themed goods in the Aquarium Shop, open from 09h30 to 18h00 if you have a ticket.
- First aid assistance also available
- Please contact Visitor Services in the Aquarium's foyer to assist with any questions you may have regarding your visit.
The Two Oceans Aquarium's exhibits are facilities are clearly signposted, but to get a better bearing of what to see and where to go, view these aerial maps. Also see our 360-degree virtual tour of the Aquarium here.
The Aquarium grants tour operators a 10% discount on pre-paid ticket purchases. Educationals can also be arranged for members of staff affiliated with any registered tourism institute or facility (e.g. hotels, guesthouses and other tourist attractions).
The Aquarium has a voucher system granting registered tour operators a 10% discount. For more information and applications for the voucher system, as well as information on the Aquarium in general, please contact Tourism & Hospitality Sales Team on 021 418 3823 or email email@example.com.