Want to learn how to scuba dive and take up this exciting hobby for life? The Two Oceans Aquarium Dive School is a certified PADI Dive Resort and your go-to option for scuba training and experiences in Cape Town. Join our PADI-certified Dive Instructors on an underwater adventure that will bring you joy for the rest of your life… Take on the PADI Scuba Diver course!
What is the PADI Scuba Diver course?
PADI Scuba Diver is a two-day course that will allow you to dive safely and confidently to depths of 12m on guided experiences. PADI is the largest international scuba organisation, and this qualification is recognised everywhere - from guided boat dives in False Bay with PADI Professionals to coral reef explorations on your next tropical holiday. This qualification never expires - it's a skillset you can keep developing for life.
The PADI Scuba Diver course is a great option for those with time and budget constraints that would like to begin their diving careers, but are unable to commit to the longer PADI Open Water Diver training. Both courses are held at the same high standard, and PADI Scuba Divers will always have the option of completing their Open Water Diver training at a future date, and "upgrading" their diving qualification to allow them to dive to 18m, without a guide.
The PADI Scuba Diver course at the Two Oceans Aquarium Dive School costs R4 500 per person incl. VAT. This includes everything you need for the course – digital theory packs, gear rental, dive permits, final qualification certification, etc.
Participants must be 10 years or older to enrol in the PADI Scuba Diver course.
Important medical information:
In order to do the PADI Scuba Diver course, you need to be reasonably healthy. You will need to complete a medical questionnaire before being allowed to dive - download it here. Have a look through the questions on Page 2. If you were to answer “Yes” to any of the questions, you would need a letter from a dive physician clearing you for diving. If you answer “No” to all questions, no doctor’s letter is required. Should there be an answer that concerns us, we reserve the right to ask for a referral to a diving physician. For your safety and ours, honesty when answering these questions is of paramount importance.
The course takes two days to complete. The days do not need to be consecutive (you have up to six months to complete the course), but we strongly recommend that you complete these days in close succession so that everything is fresh in your mind.
Days typically start at 08h00 and finish around 16h00.
What is provided?
We provide everything you will need on the day, including all gear, study material, and hot showers and towels.
Snacks and refreshments are include. Lunch is provided on the last day.
All you need to bring along is a swimsuit and a reusable water bottle.
Flying after diving:
Please be advised that you may not do this course and dive if you are planning to fly within 24 hours after the dive.
Did you know?
- PADI is the world’s leading scuba diver training organisation.
- The Two Oceans Aquarium is a certified PADI Dive Resort! This means we meet all the stringent health, safety and quality requirements as set out by PADI.
- In addition to PADI Scuba Diver, the Two Oceans Aquarium Dive School also offers Open Water Diver, Discover Scuba Diving and Advanced Open Water Diver courses, as well as refresher courses.
E-learning: Knowledge development sessions cover the following:
- Theory sessions on a digital platform in preparation for your course
- When you come to the Dive School for diving, we’ll revise what you’ve learnt online.
Day 1: Confined dive (Pool session)
- We spend the day in the swimming pool at the Two Oceans Aquarium, teaching you how to use the equipment, and diving skills that have been covered in the e-learning components.
Day 2: Open Water Dives 1 & 2
- Your first ocean-like dives! We do two dives in the Aquarium’s I&J Ocean Exhibit, practising what you’ve learned in the pool.
Other diving experiences at the Two Oceans Aquarium
The Two Oceans Aquarium offers three unique, all-weather scuba diving experiences for every level. Swim with the stingrays in the I&J Ocean Exhibit, dive with the raggies of the Save Our Seas Foundation Shark Exhibit, or explore the Kelp Forest Exhibit - the choice is yours.