The Two Oceans Aquarium offers unique, all-weather scuba diving experiences to adventurers of all skill levels. Whether you are completely new to diving and looking for a qualification, an experienced diver wanting to swim up close and personal with sharks (no cage required), or are just looking for the ultimate adventure to spoil a loved one - we've got the diving experience for you.
We offer two dives:
- Predator Exhibit: Dive with ragged-tooth sharks, minimum Open Water 1 qualification required*
- I&J Ocean Exhibit: Dive with turtles, stingrays and more in our temperate open ocean exhibit, same-day dive training for unqualified divers available.**
Predator Exhibit: Dive with sharks, no cage required!
Qualified scuba divers* can get up close to the Aquarium's shiver of ragged-tooth sharks, swim among the schools of yellowtail and giant kob, and learn about the awesome predators that inhabit the South African coastline. Book your dive in the Predator Exhibit for a unique thrill!
* Click here to book your dive in the Predator Exhibit.
*Only divers with an Open Water qualification or higher may dive in the Predator Exhibit. Please note that if you have not dived for more than 12 months you will be required to complete a refresher course at the Aquarium before being able to dive in the Predator Exhibit.
Learn more about the incredible Predator Exhibit.
Ocean Exhibit: Experience a world of ocean wonders
The I&J Ocean Exhibit is 6m deep, has a full 10m tunnel, and displays incredible species such as rescue turtles, rays, guitarfish, brindle bass, and spotted grunter.
Click here to meet the I&J Ocean Exhibit creatures.
**Only divers with an Open Water qualification or higher, or who complete the Discover Scuba Diving course at the Aquarium, may dive in the I&J Ocean Exhibit. Please note that if you have not dived for more than 12 months you will be required to complete a refresher course at the Aquarium before being able to dive in the I&J Ocean Exhibit.
Not a qualified diver? Get your scuba qualification
If you don't have an Open Water qualification or higher, you are able to do a one-day PADI Discover Scuba Diving course with us, which allows you to do one dive in the I&J Ocean Exhibit on the same day.
Iain’s Scuba School at the Two Oceans Aquarium can help! Iain Robertson is our resident dive master. He has been operating from the Two Oceans Aquarium for over a decade.
For the Discover Scuba Diving experience, regular rates apply. Please call (+27 (0)21 418 3823) or email email@example.com to inquire about this option.
Scuba diving prices
|Gear supplied||Aquarium members*||Own gear discount**||Member/Own gear|
|I&J Ocean Exhibit dive||R870||R655||R660||R495|
|Predator Exhibit dive||R870||R655||R660||R495|
|PADI Discover Scuba Diving course***||R750||-||-||-|
|PADI Open Water and speciality courses||Inquire here for rates|
Please note: Divers must be qualified with a minimum Open Water qualification and must present their dive card, logbook or certificate upon arrival. Qualified divers that have not dived for over 12 months will be required to complete a refresher course before diving in our exhibits. All other divers must complete a PADI Discover Scuba Diving course before being allowed to dive.
*This reduced rate only applies to active members of the Two Oceans Aquarium. You can become a member here.
**To take advantage of the "own gear" discounted rate, divers need to bring with them all of the following items:
- Wetsuit & hood
- BCD (Buoyancy control device)
- Regulator with depth & air gauge
- Mask & snorkel
The Aquarium supplies weights and cylinders regardless of the payment option.
***The rate for the PADI Discover Scuba Diving course is a flat rate that must be paid in addition to the relevant fee for diving in the I&J Ocean Exhibit.
Terms and conditions
Please read our terms and conditions and make sure you are eligible to dive before making your dive booking:
- In line with recognised diving practice, dives may not occur if divers are to FLY less than 12 hours after the dive time. Please do not book if you are not sure about the exact time of your flight, especially if it is within 24 hours after your dive. This will result in forfeiting the entire dive fee.
- Failing to produce your official dive qualification (eg. dive card) on the day of the dive, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the full amount. We can only check your dive qualification online if you are PADI certified.
- Do not book if you are not sure about your dive qualification, as this will result in forfeiting the entire dive fee.
- If you have a valid dive qualification but have not dived for over 12 months you will be required to complete a refresher course on the day of your dive. This can be done at the Aquarium - please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for a refresher course.
- For safety reasons, divers must be at least 12 years old to dive in our exhibits. Divers from the age of 12 to 15 years may only dive if they are accompanied on their dive by an adult or guardian who is also a qualified diver (not the Aquarium’s Divemaster)
- When reporting for your dive, report to the Visitor Centre 30 minutes before your dive time e.g. 10h30 for 11h00 dive. If you are not on time, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the entire dive fee.
- The Aquarium entrance fee is included in the dive price. A maximum of 5 accompanying adult visitors will pay the discounted student rate.
- Should you cancel your dive 48 hours prior to the dive time, 90% of the fee will be refunded. Please be advised that the refund process may take 5 to 10 working days.
- Should you cancel your dive on the day of the dive, you will forfeit the entire dive fee. No refund will be given unless it’s due to medical reasons and you can provide proof, e.g. a medical certificate.
- Should you wish to postpone your dive for another day, please do so at least 24 hours in advance. If you postpone on the day of the dive, you will be charged a penalty fee of 50% of the dive fee. If the reason to postpone is medical and happened on the day of the dive, there will be no penalty fee provided you have proof, e.g. medical certificate or letter from the doctor.
- Upon successful completion of the Discover Scuba Dive course, should you wish to cancel the dive a penalty fee of 50% will be charged.