Experience a world of ocean wonders!
A completely new dive experience awaits you. The new I&J Ocean Exhibit is 6m deep, has a full tunnel and displays incredible species such as turtles, rays, guitarfish, brindle bass and spotted grunter.
Click here to meet the I&J Ocean Exhibit creatures.
Swim with our rays, turtles & more
Scuba diving at the Two Oceans Aquarium in Cape Town is certainly worthy of being included on the bucket list of any experienced diver, adrenalin junkie or just someone who would like to experience the incredible feeling of being surrounded by the remarkable animals that call the underwater world their home.
Anyone interested in diving needs to have a minimum of a Discover Scuba qualification. You can attain this limited qualification either with our onsite instructor or through another dive school. If they qualify with another instructor, that instructor needs to accompany them (at no charge) on their dive together with our dive instructor.
Not qualified? Not a problem. See “get your scuba qualification” below for more information.
Not a qualified diver?
If you don't have an Open Water qualification or higher, you are able to do a one-day Discover Scuba course with us, which allows you to do one dive in the I&J Ocean Exhibit on the same day. For the Discover Scuba experience, regular rates apply. Please call (+27 (0)21 418 3823) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about this option.
Please note: All divers must be qualified with a minimum Open Water 1 qualification and must present their dive card, logbook or certificate upon arrival.
*To take advantage of the "Own gear" discounted rate, divers need to bring with them all of the following items:
- Wetsuit & hood
- BCD (Buoyancy control device)
- Regulator with depth & air gauge
- Mask & snorkel
The Aquarium supplies weights and cylinders regardless of the payment option.
Not a qualified scuba diver? Iain’s Scuba School at the Two Oceans Aquarium can help! Iain Robertson is our resident dive master. He has been operating from the Two Oceans Aquarium for over a decade.
Terms and conditions
Please make sure you have read and understand our terms and conditions before booking your dive with us.
- Bookings must be made at least one day in advance and are subject to availability.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- All divers must be qualified and must present their dive card, logbook or certificate upon arrival at the Aquarium.
- In line with recognised diving practice, dives may not occur if divers are to fly less than 12 hours after the dive time.
- For safety reasons, the diver must be at least 12 years old to dive at the Two Oceans Aquarium. Divers between 12 and 15 may only dive if they are accompanied by a parent/guardian who is also a qualified diver.
- When reporting for your dive, always report to the Visitor Centre 30 minutes before your dive time, eg report at 10h30 for 11h00 dive. If you are not on time, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the entire dive booking fee.
- If you fail to produce your dive qualification (dive card or logbook) on the day of the dive, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the full amount.
- The Aquarium entrance fee for divers is included in the dive price. Adult visitors (up to five people) accompanying divers pay student rates and children pay normal rates.