The Two Oceans Aquarium Dive School is a certified PADI Dive Resort and your one-stop-shop for all things scuba diving in Cape Town. We showcase Southern Africa’s marine biodiversity through world-class diving experiences in all three of our large-scale exhibits... and beyond!
On offer at the Two Oceans Aquarium Dive School
We offer the following scuba experiences and courses:
- Adventure Diving in any of our three large-scale exhibits, for qualified divers
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving in the I&J Ocean Exhibit, for the scuba-curious
- PADI Scuba Diver course, dive with PADI professionals anywhere in the world
- PADI Open Water Diver course, the beginning of a lifetime of underwater adventures
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course, for divers ready to take their skills to the next level
- PADI Refresher courses for qualified divers who have not dived in six months
Who can dive?
Our scuba diving adventures and courses are open to anyone older than 10 years of age (or ages 12 and up for PADI Advanced Open Water Diver) who is in reasonably good health.
Important terms and conditions apply. Please click here to familiarise yourself with these.
About the PADI-certified Two Oceans Aquarium Dive School
PADI is the world’s leading scuba diver training organisation. As a certified PADI Dive Resort, the Two Oceans Aquarium Dive School meets all the stringent health, safety and quality requirements as set out by PADI.
About our experiences and courses
The rates below include all-day Aquarium entry for the diver on the day/s of the dive/s. Rates are valid until 31 March 2022 and subject to change without notice.
|Experience/Course||Minimum qualification required||Rate p/p: Gear supplied||Rate p/p: Own gear used*||Duration|
|Adventure Dive in the I&J Ocean Exhibit, Kelp Forest Exhibit or Save Our Seas Foundation Shark Exhibit - no refresher needed||Open Water, you have dived in the last 6 months||R995 (Active Aquarium members get 25% off!). Book online||R746 (Active members get 25% off)||+/-90 minutes|
|Adventure Dive in the I&J Ocean Exhibit, Kelp Forest Exhibit or Save Our Seas Foundation Shark Exhibit - refresher needed and included in the price||Open Water, you have not dived in the last 6 months||R1 585 (Active Aquarium members get 25% off!) Book online||R1 340 (Active members get 25% off!)||+/-2 hours|
|Discover Scuba Diving + I&J Ocean Exhibit Adventure Dive||No qualification required. Subject to completed health questionnaire being approved||R1 850 all inclusive (Active Aquarium members get 25% off!) Book online||N/A||+/- 3 hours|
|PADI Scuba Diver (This course allows you to dive with PADI professionals, please refer to the PADI Open Water Diver course for the more popular recreational diving option)||No qualification required. Subject to completed health questionnaire being approved||R4 500 all inclusive Email firstname.lastname@example.org||N/A||2 days|
|PADI Open Water Diver||No qualification required, or upgrade from PADI Scuba Diver. Subject to completed health questionnaire being approved||R7 500 all inclusive Email email@example.com||N/A||3 days|
|PADI Advanced Open Water Diver||Open Water Diver or equivalent||R7 200 all inclusive Email firstname.lastname@example.org||N/A||2 days|
The Two Oceans Aquarium Dive School offers three unique, all-weather scuba diving experiences for qualified scuba divers (Open Water-equivalent or higher). If you have not dived in 6 months, a PADI Refresher course is required. which is offered right here at the Aquarium.
- Save Our Seas Foundation Shark Exhibit: Dive with ragged-tooth sharks, no cage required.
- I&J Ocean Exhibit: Dive with stingrays and more in our temperate open ocean exhibit.
- Kelp Forest Exhibit: Dive among the fronds of giant sea bamboo, discovering ocean wonders in this pristine environment.
PADI Discover Scuba Diving
If you want to try scuba diving, but aren't quite ready to take the plunge into a full certification course, PADI Discover Scuba Diving at the Two Oceans Aquarium Dive School is for you.
The PADI Discover Scuba Diving Course has been designed to provide scuba diving novices with an enjoyable and closely supervised experience. Although this is not a scuba certification course, you'll learn what it takes to be a PADI-certified diver. As with any PADI course or programme, diver safety is the first priority when planning and conducting Discover Scuba Diving.
Upon successful completion of a half-day PADI Discover Scuba Diving Course, you will be able to do a single dive in the Aquarium’s I&J Ocean Exhibit on the same day. Should you wish to progress onto an PADI Open Water certification at the Two Oceans Aquarium Dive School, your completed Discover Scuba Diving course will count towards that qualification and a saving will apply.
PADI Open Water Diver is the world’s foremost recreational scuba diving course, recognised around the globe and taken up by hundreds of thousands of ocean explorers every year. This is a fun and challenging course for beginners that will stretch your abilities and foster a deeper appreciation for what it takes to breathe and explore underwater. The course includes two dives in the I&J Ocean Exhibit and two dives in the open ocean!
Once qualified as a PADI Open Water Diver, you will be able to dive with a buddy down to 18 metres, rent dive equipment, book boat dives, obtain air fills, take additional classes, and even proceed to an Advanced Open Water Diver qualification.
PADI Open Water Diver opens the door to a world of incredible ocean adventures.
Email email@example.com to book this course, or for any other enquiries.
Descending to 18m is not cutting it, you want more! Your Open Water certification has introduced you to a new realm of ocean exploration and made you keenly aware that you've only scratched the surface of the underwater world. Continue your scuba journey with the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course. This course can be taken after completing your Open Water Diver certification. The course advances your diving knowledge and skills. It helps you build confidence in navigation, fine-tunes buoyancy skills and introduces you to different diving activities.
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver-certified divers aged 15 or older can dive down to 30m; or, down to 21m for divers aged 12- to 14-years-old. An Advanced Open Water Diver qualification also makes other exciting speciality diving activities, like wreck diving and night diving, possible.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book this course, or for any other enquiries.
- A health screening questionnaire must be completed on the day of your dive before the experience can commence.
- Upon entry to the Aquarium, including the behind-the-scenes areas you’ll visit for your diving experience, you will be screened and be required to wear a mask, maintain reasonable physical distancing behaviours and sanitise your hands.
- When reporting at the Visitors Centre for your dive, you will be required to complete a health declaration form before being allowed to enter the Aquarium.
- Between use, every piece of scuba equipment used, from wetsuits to masks, is thoroughly washed in an antimicrobial soap solution. Equipment will only be used once in every 24-hour cycle.
- The storeroom where equipment is stored between dives has also been limited to essential staff who are aware of and compliant with our safety procedures.
- Showers, changing areas and classrooms used are also kept sanitary and are thoroughly sanitised between diving slots.
Arrival at the Aquarium
- Please arrive on time.
- If you are not on time, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the entire dive fee.
What is provided?
If you choose the Aquarium gear payment options the following equipment will be provided:
- Weight belt
- Wetsuit & hood
- BCD (Buoyancy control device)
- Mask, snorkel and booties
Visitors who opt to bring their own gear would need to bring along all of the equipment listed above, except for the cylinder which the Aquarium will provide.
Bathroom and hot shower facilities are available onsite.
- In line with recognised diving practice, dives may not occur if divers are to fly less than 12 hours after the dive time (or 24 hours for the PADI Open Water Diver and PADI Advanced Open Water Diver courses). Please do not book if you are not sure about the exact time of your flight, especially if it is within 24 hours after your dive. This will result in forfeiting the entire dive fee.
- Failing to produce your dive qualification (dive card or e-card) on the day of the dive, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the full amount. We can only check your dive qualification online if you are PADI or SSI certified.
- Do not book if you are not sure about your flight schedule status and/or dive qualification.
Terms and conditions
Please read our terms and conditions and make sure you are eligible to dive before making your dive booking:
- In line with recognised diving practice, dives may not occur if divers are to FLY less than 12 hours after the dive time (or 24 hours for the PADI Open Water Diver and PADI Advanced Open Water courses). Please do not book if you are not sure about the exact time of your flight, especially if it is within 24 hours after your dive. This will result in forfeiting the entire dive fee.
- Failing to produce your official dive qualification (eg. dive card) on the day of the dive, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the full amount. We can only check your dive qualification online if you are PADI or SSI certified.
- Do not book if you are not sure about your dive qualification, as this will result in forfeiting the entire dive fee. If you are unsure, please contact us on email@example.com to ensure you book the right experience for your qualification level.
- If you have a valid dive qualification but have not dived for over 6 months you will be required to complete a refresher course on the day of your dive. This will be done at the Aquarium.
- For safety reasons, divers must be at least 10 years old to dive in our exhibits.
- Divers under 18 must have their indemnity form signed by their legal guardian. If the legal guardian will not be present on the day of the dive, they must request a copy of the indemnity form at the time of booking the dive so that it is signed in advance of the dive.
- The Aquarium entrance fee is included in the rate for the diver/s on the day/s of their dive/s .
- Should you cancel your dive 24 hours prior to the dive time, 90% of the fee will be refunded. Please be advised that the refund process may take 5 to 10 working days.
- Should you cancel your dive on the day of the dive, you will forfeit the entire dive fee. No refund will be given unless it’s due to medical reasons and you can provide proof, e.g. a medical certificate.
- Should you wish to postpone your dive for another day, please do so at least 24 hours in advance. If you postpone on the day of the dive, you will be charged a penalty fee of 50% of the dive fee. If the reason to postpone is medical and happened on the day of the dive, there will be no penalty fee provided you have proof, e.g. medical certificate or letter from the doctor.
- Upon successful completion of the Discover Scuba Dive course, should you wish to cancel the dive a penalty fee of 50% will be charged.