Qualified scuba divers can enjoy unique, all-weather diving experiences at the Two Oceans Aquarium, choosing to explore one of our three largest exhibits:
- Save Our Seas Foundation Shark Exhibit: Dive with ragged-tooth sharks and schools of beautiful fish.
- I&J Ocean Exhibit: Dive with turtles, stingrays and more in our temperate open ocean exhibit.
- Kelp Forest Exhibit: Dive among the fronds of giant sea bamboo, discovering ocean wonders in this pristine environment.
Not a scuba diver yet? Consider a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience in our I&J Ocean Exhibit, or complete a PADI Open Water Diver course at our Dive School to begin a lifetime of adventure!
Who can dive?
Adventure Diving at the Two Oceans Aquarium is available to anyone with a valid PADI Open Water Diver qualification or higher, or equivalent qualification from a recognised diver-rating agency. Divers who have not dived within 6 months of their Adventure Diving booking, should complete a refresher course as part of their diving experience (you can book the refresher at the same time as your Adventure Dive).
Save Our Seas Foundation Shark Exhibit: Dive with sharks, no cage required!
Qualified scuba divers can get up close to the Aquarium's shiver of large ragged-tooth sharks, swim among the schoals of yellowtail and bonito, and learn about some of the awesome predators that inhabit the waters around the South African coastline. Book your dive in the Save Our Seas Foundation Shark Exhibit for a unique thrill! Book Now!
I&J Ocean Exhibit: Experience a world of ocean wonders
The I&J Ocean Exhibit is 6m deep, has a full 10m tunnel, and houses incredible species such as rescued sea turtles, giant short-tail stingrays, kingfish, and many sub-tropical species. This is the perfect dive for those who prefer slightly warmer water or those who would like to practice their skills. Book Now!
Kelp Forest Exhibit: Explore an underwater jungle
The Kelp Forest Exhibit is an 800 000 litre living underwater forest, a re-creation of the thriving marine ecosystems of the southern Cape coast, and the only above-ground kelp forest in Africa. Divers can explore the intricate maze of sea bamboo, and uncover wonderful marine species from huge white steenbras to shy spotted gulley sharks. Book Now!
Adventure diving prices
|Rate p/p: Gear supplied||Rate p/p: Own gear used*||Duration|
|Adventure Dive in the I&J Ocean Exhibit, Kelp Forest Exhibit or Save Our Seas Foundation Shark Exhibit - no refresher needed||R995||R750||+/-90 minutes|
|Adventure Dive in the I&J Ocean Exhibit, Kelp Forest Exhibit or Save Our Seas Foundation Shark Exhibit - refresher needed and included in the price||R1 585||R1 340||+/-2 hours|
Please note: Divers must meet the minimum qualification and must present their dive card, logbook or certificate upon arrival. Qualified divers that have not dived for over 12 months will be required to complete a refresher course before diving in our exhibits.
*This reduced rate only applies to active members of the Two Oceans Aquarium. You can become a member here.
**To take advantage of the "own gear" discounted rate, divers need to bring all of the following items with them:
- Wetsuit & hood
- BCD (Buoyancy control device)
- Regulator with depth & air gauge
- Mask & snorkel
The Aquarium supplies weights and cylinders regardless of the payment option.
***Interested divers wishing to take the same-day PADI Discover Scuba Diving course should please contact the Dive Desk on email@example.com to make prior arrangements.
- A health screening questionnaire must be completed on the day of your dive before the experience can commence.
- Upon entry to the Aquarium, including the behind-the-scenes areas you’ll visit for your diving experience, you will be screened and be required to wear a mask, maintain reasonable physical distancing behaviours and sanitise your hands.
- When reporting at the Visitors Centre for your dive, you will be required to complete a health declaration form before being allowed to enter the Aquarium.
- Between uses, every piece of scuba equipment used, from wetsuits to masks, will be thoroughly washed in an antimicrobial soap solution. Equipment will only be used once in a 24-hour cycle.
- The storeroom where equipment is stored between dives has limited access to essential staff who are aware of, and compliant with, our safety procedures and protocols.
- Showers, changing areas and classrooms used are kept sanitary and are thoroughly sanitised between diving slots.
Arrival at the Aquarium
- Please arrive on time.
- If you are not on time, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the entire dive fee.
What is provided?
If you choose the "Aquarium Gear" payment options the following equipment will be provided:
- Weight belt
- Wetsuit & hood
- BCD (Buoyancy control device)
- Mask, snorkel and booties
Visitors who opt to bring their own gear would need to bring along all of the equipment listed above, except for the cylinder which the Aquarium will provide.
Bathroom and hot shower facilities are available onsite.
- In line with recognised diving practice, dives may not occur if divers are to fly less than 12 hours after the dive time (or 24 hours for the PADI Open Water Diver and PADI Advanced Open Water Diver courses). Please do not book if you are not sure about the exact time of your flight, especially if it is within 24 hours after your dive. This will result in forfeiting the entire dive fee.
- Failing to produce your dive qualification (dive card or e-card) on the day of the dive, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the full amount. We can only check your dive qualification online if you are PADI or SSI certified.
- Do not book if you are not sure about your flight schedule status and/or dive qualification.
Terms and conditions
Please read our terms and conditions and make sure you are eligible to dive before making your dive booking:
- In line with recognised diving practice, dives may not occur if divers are to FLY less than 12 hours after the dive time (or 24 hours for the PADI Open Water Diver and PADI Advanced Open Water courses). Please do not book if you are not sure about the exact time of your flight, especially if it is within 24 hours after your dive. This will result in forfeiting the entire dive fee.
- Failing to produce your official dive qualification (eg. dive card) on the day of the dive, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the full amount. We can only check your dive qualification online if you are PADI or SSI certified.
- Do not book if you are not sure about your dive qualification, as this will result in forfeiting the entire dive fee. If you are unsure, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you book the right experience for your qualification level.
- If you have a valid dive qualification but have not dived for over 6 months you will be required to complete a refresher course on the day of your dive. This will be done at the Aquarium.
- For safety reasons, divers must be at least 10 years old to dive in our exhibits.
- Divers under 18 must have their indemnity form signed by their legal guardian. If the legal guardian will not be present on the day of the dive, they must request a copy of the indemnity form at the time of booking the dive in order for it to be signed in advance of the dive.
- The Aquarium entrance fee is included in the rate for the diver/s on the day/s of their dive/s .
- Should you cancel your dive 24 hours prior to the dive time, 90% of the fee will be refunded. Please be advised that the refund process may take 5 to 10 working days.
- Should you cancel your dive on the day of the dive, you will forfeit the entire dive fee. No refund will be given unless it’s due to medical reasons and you can provide proof, e.g. a medical certificate.
- Should you wish to postpone your dive for another day, please do so at least 24 hours in advance. If you postpone on the day of the dive, you will be charged a penalty fee of 50% of the dive fee. If the reason to postpone is medical and happened on the day of the dive, there will be no penalty fee provided you have proof, e.g. medical certificate or letter from the doctor.