Scuba Claus is at the Two Oceans Aquarium! Due to worsening conditions in the North Pole, Scuba Claus has decided to set up shop underwater at the Two Oceans Aquarium. He’s making sure the festive season is extra-fishy! Here’s what you can look forward to when you visit us.
Meet Scuba Claus in the I&J Ocean Exhibit
Feeding takes place twice daily: At 12h00 Scuba Claus feeds the turtles and stingrays and at 14h00 (on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays) he feeds the smaller fish. Don't worry - we will announce the feeding before it starts, so you won't miss out if you are inside the Aquarium.
Want your photo taken with Scuba Claus? Simply come watch the animal feed - he's more than happy to pose for your selfies and photos afterwards (P.S. nothing makes Scuba Claus happier than interacting with children on the other side of the glass).
Animal interactions - great for kids
While you are at the Aquarium this festive season, take the time to experience plenty of other great animal interactions:
The penguins are fed daily at 11h30 and 14h30 - our trained staff provide plenty of info for those watching the feed, and are happy to answer all your questions. If you want to to meet the penguins up close, treat yourself to a personal Penguin Experience (which also makes a great gift and supports our conservation efforts). If you're lucky, you may also get to experience the most adorable waddle through the Aquarium...
Kids of all ages can get hands-on at the Skretting Touch Pool - touch a starfish, seaweed, chitons and even a sea anemone and learn about their lifestyles from our volunteers. Get up close and personal with the ocean's microscopic inhabitants at the Skretting Microscope Exhibit.
We've also just opened two brand new interactive displays: Learn all about the creatures of the darkest ocean at the Midnight Zone, or find out about sea turtles and their cool quirks with some new interactive activities at our Turtle Wall.
Last but not least - don't forget the jam-packed festive season programme at our I&J Children's Play Centre!
Last-minute gift ideas
Scuba Claus is also here to help you pick some great last-minute gifts for your friends and family.
- A Two Oceans Aquarium annual membership provides many hours of exploration of our incredible underwater world as members enjoy unlimited visits to the Aquarium from the day they join.
- Book a scuba dive. Yes, even a complete newbie can dive in the I&J Ocean Exhibit.
- Take home a kid's gift from our Puppet Stories range - children's books, hand puppets and puzzles.
- Pick a sustainable gift from some of our favourite options in Cape Town.
- Make a donation to conservation efforts in someone's name.
The Two Oceans Aquarium has extended its opening hours for you this festive season:
- 20 Dec until 7 Jan open 09:00 - 19:00 (last ticket sold 18:30)*
- *Except 25 Dec when we close at 18:00.
- 8 Jan until 16 Jan open 09:00 - 18:00 (last ticket sold 17:30)
We are open every day during this time. This means more time for you and your family to be surrounded by the wonders of the underwater world.