The Two Oceans Aquarium, in co-ordination with the City Sightseeing Bus, recently hosted its first Spooktacular Sunset Bus Tour.
This faBOOlous event was attended by 100 Aquarium members, with many of them dressed as fairies, witches, scary vampires, skeletons and pirates … Other characters included a Star Wars Trooper, an astronaut and Maleficent, with The Mask, the Corpse Bride and Cruella De Vil also making an appearance!
After receiving their goody bags filled with sweet treats, members helped themselves to delicious bug juice (apple juice) for the kids and Worm-tinis (Brutal Fruit, sponsored by SAB) for the adults. They then boarded the bus and enjoyed a leisurely drive along the Atlantic Seaboard, through Camps Bay and on to Signal Hill.
Here members watched the sunset and enjoyed their picnic supper, although, in true Cape Town form, it was extremely windy! Guests returned to the bus and made their way back to the Aquarium. Members relaxed in front of the I&J Predator Exhibit and continued with their picnic supper and further refreshments. The Aquarium team then played games with the kids and handed out prizes.
The Aquarium was thrilled to have all the boys and ghouls dress up for this event. The winning costumes were worn by Clifford and Natasha Skuce, who dressed up as The Mask and the Corpse Bride. Well done on winning day tickets for the City Sightseeing bus!
The next event is the festive celebrations sleepover, which takes place on Saturday, 6 December. Look out for the invite, which will be sent to members shortly.
- We had such a great time! My daughter loved it! I’m glad we could be a part of this event. – Gayle Golding
- Thank you so so much for the wonderful prize and for a fantabuloos evening. We had an absolute blast and enjoyed every minute! – Natasha Skuce
- Thank you for the wonderful event on Saturday! It was well-planned and your efforts to make us as members feel special did not go unnoticed. From the lovely welcome drinks, goodie bags, popcorn and games after the event … it was all wonderful! My 7-year-old son was quite chuffed about the fact that he could enter the Aquarium when it was actually closed to the public. He enjoyed the goodie bag and games and was impressed with his welcome juice (which had a slimy snake inside). It was a lovely group of people. Looking forward to the next event! – Chrystal and Caleb Williams
- We had an awesome time – thank you so much for a well-organised, value-for-money event! – Daniella Bergman
- You guys did an awesome job! Looking forward to the next event. – Shaniley September
- It was fun and something different to do with my daughter. She had fun dressing up and getting her lolly bag. – Sarah Ketting