When I was 11 years old I became concerned about the plight of the bearded vulture and helped KZN Ezemvelo Wildlife’s Bearded Vulture Project by raising R70 000 to track these endangered and misunderstood creatures. I even won an international award for this work. I am now 15 and, based on this success, I have been approached to raise funding and awareness for the conservation of other animals that are under threat, rhinos and sharks. However, to be effective, I needed a vehicle through which to do this. I now have done the boring stuff like setting up a Non-Profit Company, a bank account, auditors and a board of 3 directors to oversee my work and to ensure that any money we receive is handled properly. We have even applied for a tax dispensation so that any donations are tax-deductible.
Much more exciting is that I attempt to summit Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro, this week. It is my most significant mission to raise awareness and funding for the conservation of bearded vultures, rhinos and sharks.
I would really appreciate your help and support. There are many ways you can do this:
• Be the Fourth Element – a fire starts with a single spark
• Follow my tweets
• Forward this to your friends, even if just to raise their awareness
• Think positive thoughts for my expedition and me as we climb Kilimanjaro
• Let me know if I can come and see you to tell you about these causes
• Let me know if there is any other way you can support these causes
• Make a donation
• Let me know if you would like to be a sponsor of Four Elements Conservation NPC
Many thanks for being the Fourth Element!