Members! How would you or your kids like to have your own design featured on reusable shopping bags and sold right here at the Aquarium?
In support of our Rethink the Bag environmental campaign, the Two Oceans Aquarium is asking its members to get creative: the best designs, from three age categories, will be chosen to be printed on reusable shopping bags and will be sold at the Aquarium Shop.
Rethink the Bag is changing the way South Africans think about the ubiquitous, pesky plastic shopping bag. We want individuals, groups, organisations, corporations and government to Rethink the Bag – ultimately banning this environmental hazard from our country (as has been done in Rwanda, France, Mauritius … the list goes on).
Join us in the cause by showing off your artistic talent and submitting your designs for this competition.
Draw us your dream of clean seas and happy animals. Maybe you will envision the web of life and how we are all delicately linked to one ecosystem. Express your passion for a healthy ocean and environment! Show the world that you care about the planet.
The winning artists will not only enjoy the honour of having their designs featured on a reusable shopping bag in the Aquarium Shop, but will also win a year’s free membership as well as two bags with their winning designs.
We are inviting all members and their small fry to get involved. Images will be judged by a fair, and independent, panel of kindred planet protectors.
Designs will be chosen from three age categories:
- Smalls, ages 3 to 7
- Mediums, ages 8 to 12
- Larges, ages 13+
- Designs should be no larger than A3 in size.
- Use three colours (maximum) of your choice.
- Drop off your designs at our Visitor Centre by no later than 6pm on 31 August 2016. Please note clearly the name, age and contact details of the entrant.
- Please keep your art fairly simple so that the design translates easily to screen printing.
- Winners will be announced by mid-September.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Competition terms and conditions
- This competition is only open to Two Oceans Aquarium members with a valid annual pass.
- All content sent to the Two Oceans Aquarium as entry into the competition may be used on the Aquarium’s website and associated digital platforms.
- Entries close at 18h00 on 31 August 2016.
- Winners will be notified via telephone no later than Friday 16 September 2016 at 12h00.
- Three winners, one in each age category, will be chosen by a judging panel.
- Representatives of the Two Oceans Aquarium will pick the winner from eligible entries.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners may be required to participate in a photo-taking session during the issuing of the prize.
- Pictures may be posted online.
- Entry into the competition and acceptance of any prize shall constitute consent on the winner's part to allow the use of the winner's name, image, voice and/or likeness by the Two Oceans Aquarium for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
- This competition is not open to Aquarium staff or volunteers and their families.
Not a member? Let's fix that!
An annual pass to the Aquarium means you can visit the fish as often as you wish and attend any of the exciting events. But there are boatloads of other benefits:
- 10% off at the Aquarium Shop
- 25% off venue hire
- 25% off diving
- No queues
- Special rates for au pairs/nannies
- Free seawater for home aquarists