Our Young Biologist volunteer course is a favourite among Grade 10s who are interested in marine life, are passionate about conservation and want to become volunteers at the Two Oceans Aquarium. Not only will you learn more about the animals and plants along our coastline, you will be able to interact with visitors at the Aquarium and eventually even work with the animals behind the scenes.
Our next course will run from 6 to12 April 2015. It is free of charge and we will select 50 Grade 10s to take part. Our selection is based purely on the application letters that we receive; however, we will also limit the number of students per school to a maximum of three.
So, in order to become one of the lucky 50, here is what you need to do:
- Be in Grade 10 in 2015
- Travel to and from the Two Oceans Aquarium each day of the course
- Take part in the weekend camp, taking place from 10 to 12 April
- Write a motivational letter (350 to 500 words) on why you should be chosen – talk about how your passion with the ocean started, career aspirations, your favourite experiences with the ocean, etc.
- Get your teacher or principal to write a letter of recommendation for you
- Submit both letters to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax them to 086 686 5893; or apply online here by 4 March 2015
We look forward to your applications!