The Young Biologist course is our Marine Sciences Academy's flagship course and is aimed at Grade 10s who are passionate about the marine environment and committed to positive action. This free course is made possible by our sponsors I&J and De Beers Marine.
Applications are now open for the second Young Biologist course of 2019.
Successful applicants will spend four days at the Two Oceans Aquarium covering theory vital for volunteering, initially as presenters at our Touch Pool & Microscope exhibits. The remaining three days of the course are spent at a local environmental education campsite, where they will focus on practical course work and team building.
Upon the completion of the programme, the new candidates have the option of becoming volunteers at the Two Oceans Aquarium, by completing a further module on a Saturday. All are required to facilitate an environmental cleanup as well as an eco-activity at their respective schools. An official graduation takes place, six months after the completion of the course.
The course takes place twice a year and is always fully subscribed!
How to apply:
To apply, please contact us on email@example.com for application forms or call 021 814 4555 for more information:
- Date: 5 to 11 December 2019
- Application deadline: 31 October 2019
Any past participant of the course will tell you that taking part is a life-changing experience, with so much knowledge gained and so many like-minded friends made. The course also opens up a host of opportunities, from being part of a student environmental action team to meeting peers from around the world.
Take a look at the past Young Biologist news:
- 49 future marine scientists graduate from Aquarium's Young Biologist programme
- Class of Young Biologist graduates with the support of I&J
- Another amazing Young Biologist Course sponsored by De Beers Marine
- Young Biologist graduation 2018 supported by De Beers Marine
- What was our first Young Biologist course all about?
- Young Biologists graduate: dive prizes, special awards and bursaries
- Three Young Biologists become ocean ambassadors
- I&J Young Biologist Course - camp
- I&J Young Biologist Course - day four
- I&J Young Biologist Course - day three
- I&J Young Biologist Course - day two
- I&J Young Biologist Course - day one