Please note this event is now sold out.
We are giving in-love (or in-like) couples a unique opportunity to spend the most romantic day of the year – Valentine’s Day – at the most romantic place in Cape Town – the Two Oceans Aquarium. This is a special chance to visit the fish after dark, and an opportunity to impress your date in a very exclusive way.
At the Aquarium, we do Valentine’s Day a little differently. Instead of a formal sit-down dinner, we’re going rustic with a relaxed and informal mood by way of 40 intimate picnic spots dotted throughout the Aquarium.
These spots have been specially selected for their romance potential – a private “pod” complete with hay bales will accommodate only one couple per pod, affording you a bit of privacy, comfort and intimacy. So, ditch the heels and the formal jacket and enjoy a laid-back evening of romance surrounded by our magnificent displays.
- Prices range from R650 to R1 600 per couple depending on which picnic spot you select.
- The price includes entrance into the Aquarium, an (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) arrival drink and a picnic basket for two (see menu below).
- A wine list will be available on the evening.
- Date: 14 February 2020
- Time: 19h00 for 19h30
Choose your picnic spot
Choose your picnic spot
The couples' picnic pods will be set up throughout the Aquarium, under the beautiful light of the I&J Ocean Exhibit, in view of the sharks of the Predator Exhibit, as well as throughout the Aquarium's intimate corners - like the exclusive Kelp Forest Exhibit viewing pit for one couple only.
I&J Ocean Exhibit
Photo courtesy Laura McCullagh
"There are many fish in the sea, but only one for me."
- Share a private pod in front of the main window with just the ocean's beauty to keep you company: SOLD OUT!
- Or choose a pod scattered around the I&J Ocean Exhibit viewing room: SOLD OUT!
- Be surrounded by water in the I&J Ocean Exhibit tunnel: SOLD OUT!
- Choose a seated table* at the upper I&J Ocean Exhibit viewing deck: SOLD OUT! *Please note, unlike the other spots, this is a table and not a floor-level pod. However, all other details remain the same.
"Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I swim by again?"
- Get closer to the action with a pod close to the front windows of the Predator Exhibit: SOLD OUT!
- Dim the lighting and pick a spot on the exhibit's lower floor: SOLD OUT!
- For extra privacy, choose the Predator Exhibit tunnel: SOLD OUT!
- Or gaze down on this spectacular exhibit from the upper floor: SOLD OUT!
"Kelp! I think I've fallen for you."
- Pick the most exclusive Valentine's Day spot in the Aquarium - have the Kelp Forest viewing pit all to yourself! SOLD OUT!
- Double date! Make Valentine's Day a double date with the exclusive Tranquility viewing room all to yourself: SOLD OUT!
- Or share a pod with your loved one at the entry window with a view of the peaceful swaying of this unique underwater forest: SOLD OUT!
Couples can enjoy a freshly prepared picnic dinner, lovingly prepared by Head Chef Lucio De Allende. All of our food offerings are certified Halaal by the Muslim Judicial Council of South Africa. A wine list will be made available to all visitors on the evening, as well as a non-alcoholic or alcoholic drink upon arrival.
- Selection of freshly baked bread
- Local cheese board
- Snoek pâté* and hummus
- Roast chicken*
- Chicken Caesar salad
- Roasted vegetable, couscous and feta salad
- Onion marmalade, garlic aïoli and herb butter
- Chocolate selection
*Vegetarian options are available upon request.
A R30 per bottle corkage fee will be charged for any wine bottles brought in, a full cash bar will be available at the venue
Click here to book your spot now. Availability is limited, and delays lead to disappointments.
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com or call 021 408 3812.
Dreaming up an event of your own?
The Two Oceans Aquarium is one of the best venues in Cape Town, with countless iterations of your dream event just waiting to be realised.
Contact us today to plan your next big bash.