Thank you for considering the Two Oceans Aquarium to host your wedding.
Saying “I do” is a truly amazing moment, made special by the people that share that moment with you and the place where you say those words. How about enjoying pre-dinner drinks under the watchful eye of brightly colored tropical fish and eels? Or imagine your guests’ amazement as they watch sharks and shoals of shimmering fish swim by while you are taking the most unforgettable photos of your most unforgettable day.
All of this, and more, is available at the Two Oceans Aquarium. The Aquarium provides a dramatic and spectacular backdrop against which to host your wedding ceremony and reception.
Below please find information relating to our wedding package, which includes venues for your ceremony, welcome drinks and reception as well as the use of the whole Aquarium for your photos.
We recommend that you come in to view the venues and discuss the various options available. Please note that viewing is by appointment only. Contact us via email or call +27 (0)21 418 3823.
We are able to advise regarding menu choice and agenda for your function as well as recommend florists, entertainment, photographers and décor specialists.
With a window that looks into the Ocean Basket Kelp Forest Exhibit, it provides a truly magnificent backdrop against which to hold an intimate ceremony.
Maximum 20 guests.
The Think Tank Auditorium
Opening onto the V&A Waterfront Marina, the Think Tank has a magnificent view of Table Mountain and provides the ideal venue for your wedding ceremony.
Maximum 110 guests.
Oceans of Contrast: Atlantic Ocean Gallery
Come face to face with translucent, fragile jellies, alien-like giant spider crabs, and the master of camouflage the shy octopus in the Oceans of Contrast: Atlantic Ocean Gallery.
Maximum 50 guests.
The I&J Predator Exhibit
Enchant and entertain your guests in the company of ragged-tooth sharks, graceful rays and shoals of predatory fish.
Maximum 110 guests; maximum 90 guests if dancefloor required.
Package 1 (up to 50 guests)
R345 per person excluding VAT
Package 2 (up to 110 guests)
R405 per person excluding VAT
Prices are current and subject to change
Included in venue cost
- Use of venues: Think Tank for the ceremony, deck or foyer for pre-dinner drinks and the Oceans of Contrast: Atlantic Ocean Gallery (Package 1) or the I&J Predator Exhibit (Package 2) for reception
- A functions co-ordinator to setup and run the function.
Waitrons and barmen to work at the wedding.
Banqueting tables (round) and chairs.
Standard cutlery, crockery, glassware and linen (white).
Use of equipment: CD player, microphone, PA system (not applicable to Atlantic Ocean Gallery).
- Beverages: Only beverages and wine supplied by the Two Ocean Aquarium may be consumed on the premises. Wine and champagne may be brought in at a R30 exluding VAT per bottle corkage fee.
- Decor: We have recommended suppliers we can put you in touch with.
- Banner dive: Wow your guests with a banner inside the I&J Predator Exhibit. Our qualified divers will swim by with your personalised banner. Banners are to be provided by the client (price available upon request).
- Catering options (93.23 KB) Please click here to download the available catering options for your wedding
Standard terms and conditions
- Use of the Think Tank is from 18h00. Due to the fact that the I&J Predator Exhibit and the Atlantic Ocean Gallery remain pen to the public until 18h00, set-up in these venues can take place from 18h00; guests may therefore only arrive from 19h00. However, pre-dinner drinks can be served from 18h30 in the foyer.
- Should your event continue after the cut-off time of 24h00, an overtime fee of R2 200 (excluding VAT) per hour or part thereof applies – all events may only continue until latest 02h00.
- The Two Oceans Aquarium is a non-smoking venue
- A minimum booking of 20 guests applies.
A 50% deposit based on catering charges for estimated guest numbers + venue hire is required to secure your booking. A function booking is not confirmed unless the deposit is received, together with our signed letter of confirmation.
Final numbers for your function are to be finalised, in writing, no later than 2 working days before the function. The balance of payment will be based on these final numbers.
The balance of payment is due strictly within 7 days of the completion of the function/event.
Should the outstanding amount due be paid in full within 7 days after the function, you will receive a 10% discount on all our direct charges (excludes catering & beverages).
Failure to pay timeously and in terms of this agreement will result in 2% interest levied for the amount outstanding for every month until fully paid. Any legal costs incurred to recover the outstanding debt will be for your account.
Should the confirmed function be cancelled within 7 days of the event, we will retain the 50% deposit paid and the client will be responsible for an additional 25% of the full cost of the function/event.
Should the function be cancelled within 48 hours of the event, the client will liable for 100% payment of the full cost of the function/event (including venue hire, hiring charges, catering and service charges).