Scuba dive beneath the water surface and experience a world of Cape Town's ocean wonders!
Exciting changes are taking place at the Aquarium and fish are on the move!
In the middle of June we will be opening our brand new exhibit and closing the current I&J Predator Exhibit for renovations. This means we will be saying goodbye to our ragged-tooth sharks as we release them back into the ocean.
While we won’t have sharks there is still the opportunity until 12 June 2016 to dive with magnificent large yellowtail, dusky kob, musselcracker, rays and our famous loggerhead turtle Yoshi.
This remains a spectacular adventure dive as nowhere in the world can you experience such an assortment of predatory fishes. Seeing the I&J Predator Exhibit from a fish's eye view is truly an out-of-this-world experience.
You're invited to dive in the Ocean Basket Kelp Forest
Until 17 July 2016 for a limited time only, we’re lifting the need for a PADI Advanced qualification. We are inviting divers with an Open Water qualification to experience the enchanted underwater forest of the Ocean Basket Kelp Forest Exhibit. You’ll love drifting with the kelp fronds, the red stumpnose and the galjoen, South Africa’s national fish. You might even catch a glimpse of the mysterious pyjama shark!
Two dives, for less
From 1 to 12 June 2016 we’re offering all divers a special combo rate: Get one I&J Predator Exhibit dive and one Ocean Basket Kelp Forest Exhibit dive for only R1 300 – a saving of R280! It’s R1 050 and a saving of R150 if you have your own gear.
Be among the first to dive in our new exhibit
And then, from 20 June, another completely new dive experience awaits you - dive in the newly opened exhibit which is 6m deep, has a full tunnel and displays incredible species such as turtles, rays and even tuna.
Swim with our rays, yellowtail & more
Scuba diving at the Two Oceans Aquarium in Cape Town is certainly worthy of being included on the bucket list of any experienced diver, adrenalin junkie or just someone who would like to experience the incredible feeling of being surrounded by the remarkable animals that call the underwater world their home.
Anyone interested in diving in the I&J Predator Exhibit needs to have a minimum of a Discover Scuba qualification. They can attain this limited qualification either with our onsite instructor or through another dive school. If they qualify with another instructor, that instructor needs to accompany them (at no charge) on their dive in the I&J Predator Exhibit together with our dive instructor.
Not qualified? Not a problem. See “get your scuba qualification” below for more information.
|With own gear||With Aquarium gear|
Please note: All divers must be qualified with a minimum Open Water 1 qualification and must present their dive card, logbook or certificate upon arrival.
Not a qualified scuba diver? Iain’s Scuba School at the Two Oceans Aquarium can help! Iain Robertson is our resident dive master. He has been operating from the Two Oceans Aquarium for over a decade.
Terms and conditions
Please make sure you have read and understand our terms and conditions before booking your dive with us.
- Bookings must be made at least one day in advance and are subject to availability.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- All divers must be qualified and must present their dive card, logbook or certificate upon arrival at the Aquarium.
- In line with recognised diving practice, dives may not occur if divers are to fly less than 12 hours after the dive time.
- For safety reasons, the diver must be at least 12 years old to dive at the Two Oceans Aquarium. Divers between 12 and 15 may only dive if they are accompanied by a parent/guardian who is also a qualified diver.
- When reporting for your dive, always report to the Visitor Centre 30 minutes before your dive time, eg report at 10h30 for 11h00 dive. If you are not on time, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the entire dive booking fee.
- If you fail to produce your dive qualification (dive card or logbook) on the day of the dive, your dive will be cancelled and you will be liable for the full amount.
- The Aquarium entrance fee for divers is included in the dive price. Adult visitors (up to five people) accompanying divers pay student rates and children pay normal rates.