Competition – win a Penguin Encounter!
By Stuart Buchanan / 25 March 2013
It’s competition time again! We’re offering one lucky person the opportunity to get up close to our adorable rockhopper penguins, and to find out more about these fascinating creatures first-hand.
Join our senior bird trainer, Hayley McLellan, for a fun and informative Penguin Encounter at the Two Oceans Aquarium. You’ll spend 30 minutes at the AfriSam Penguin Pool, interacting with our feathered friends – and we have no doubt that you’ll be leaving with happy feet afterwards!
And, as if you needed more proof of how cute these penguins are, check out this short video of our rockhoppers in action:
Rockhopper penguins are so named because they hop up and down steep slopes to get to their nests. They live on rocky, inaccessible coasts, and due to their incredible jumping ability, they are recognised as “mountaineers” among penguins.
Some of the rockhopper penguins you see at the Aquarium were found stranded on Southern Cape beaches, and were rehabilitated by the Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds before being donated to us.
This competition is now closed.
Terms and conditions
- Entries for this competition close at 12h00 on 1 April 2013
- Winners will be chosen through lucky draw and will be notified by the Two Oceans Aquarium by no later than 12h00 on 2 April 2013
- Only correct answers will be entered into the draw
- For safety reasons, the visitor must be at least eight years old in order to participate in a Penguin Encounter. Participants will be expected to complete an indemnity form prior to the encounter
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into